RIDE RULES 2020
- Do not attend if you have ANY Covid 19 symptoms
- Bring suitable PPE (masks & hand sanitiser)
- No fixed gear or tri bikes
- Helmet use is compulsory
- Ensure your bike is in good working order
- Ensure you are dressed appropriately for the weather
- Ensure you have downloaded the GPX file for the ride
The ride will adhere to all relevant protocols – these will be emailed to you before the ride.
THIS IS A CLUB RIDE, NOT A RACE
Club riding is about working together as a group, do not surge or pass the route leader at any time.
SIGNALLING AND ROAD HAZARDS
- Always make the group aware of oncoming traffic or road hazards such as potholes and debris when necessary.
- It is important to hold your line with no sudden movements, always check if there’s room and signal to move out.
- If you’re not sure of the signalling conventions used in group riding, please ask the ride leaders before the ride departs
- Under no circumstances should you cross wheels with the rider in front of you or when doubling up on the road the rider beside you. This is bad etiquette, dangerous and can cause accidents
BIKE MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY
All riders are responsible for their own well-being during the ride and should be prepared for situations such as adverse weather conditions, mechanical problems and flat tyres
- You should have any basic tools you may require; we recommend inner tubes, pump, tyre levers and relevant allen keys
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and clean, check brake pads and tyres for signs of wear
- Bring food, gels and two full bidons
T & C’s
The ride leaders reserve the right to refuse any rider onto the ride if their bike or riding style is a danger to the rider or group.
You are responsible for your own safety whilst on the ride, Sportive Breaks cannot be held responsible for any personal injury or damage to equipment.
ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE RIDE LEADERS AND PLEASE ASK IF YOU’RE NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING