Coronavirus FAQs

Is my trip still running and what are my options?

Thanks for the overwhelming support over the past few weeks. We understand this is a very difficult situation for many of you and there is much uncertainty surrounding the next few months.

This is an unprecedented event for the travel industry (and the country at large) and we are all working hard to keep you informed and provide the best service to our riders.

There is a lot coverage in the news but please keep yourself up to date with the latest travel advice for your destination using the link below. The ABTA Corona advice page also has some very useful info for travellers

FCO Cyprus

FCO France

FCO Italy

FCO Morocco

FCO Spain

FCO Slovenia

ABTA Corona advice


1) Is my trip still running?

Sportive Breaks follows industry standards when making decisions regarding trips. This is based on the FCO guidance (see links above)

Trips may be cancelled when one of the following criteria is met:

  • The FCO advises against all but essential travel to your destination AT THE TIME OF YOUR TRIP
  • A sportive is cancelled
  • Host country authorities impose travel bans from the UK


Sportive Dat Status Notes
Granfondo Cyprus 27/03/2020 CANCELLED
Gent – Wevelgem 28/03/2020 CANCELLED
Tour of Flanders 04/04/2020 CANCELLED
Paris – Roubaix 11/04/2020 POSTPONED Awaiting new date
Liege-Bastogne-Liege 25/04/2020 POSTPONED Awaiting new date
Mallorca 312 25/04/2020 POSTPONED October 10th
Nove Colli 24/05/2020 NOT CANCELLED
Milan-San Remo 07/06/2020 NOT CANCELLED
Marmotte Alps 05/07/2020 NOT CANCELLED
Maratone Dles Dolomites 05/07/2020 NOT CANCELLED
Etape du Tour 05/07/2020 NOT CANCELLED

Sportive Breaks tours

All tours from the 27th April are currently running as scheduled. For departures in April and May we are offering the chance to re-book on a tour later this year (contact [email protected] for alternative dates)

For all departures after June 1st we will review the situation at the start of April

Destination Date Status Notes
Mallorca March  – April 25th CANCELLED
Mallorca April 27th – May NOT CANCELLED free re-book available
Girona Weekender April 28th NOT CANCELLED free re-book available
Italy Coast to Coast May NOT CANCELLED free re-book available
Tuscany Weekender May NOT CANCELLED free re-book available
Sicily Weekender May NOT CANCELLED free re-book available
Pyrenees June onwards NOT CANCELLED
Dolomites June onwards NOT CANCELLED
Stelvio June onwards NOT CANCELLED
Ventoux June onwards NOT CANCELLED


2) What happens if my trip is cancelled?

We will contact you with your cancellation options. These depend on what you have purchased from Sportive Breaks. The ABTA advice page has a summary of your consumer rights.

3) If my trip is cancelled, what happens to my flights?

If you trip is cancelled due to FCO guidance, you should be able to make a claim for flight and other costs on your travel insurance. Please contact your provider for details.

4) I am travelling in June or later, what are my options?

The FCO guidance covers imminent travel. We want to give you as much flexibility as we can and we are offering flexible re-booking conditions for trips in April and May. For trips in the Summer we will review the situation in April. Booking until then are covered under our standard terms and conditions

This gives us all time to understand the situation closer to departure date. The safety of our riders and staff is our top concern of course and we base our trip decision on the expert advise available.

5) My balance is due soon for a trip in the Summer, do I need to pay?

Yes, bookings are covered under the terms and conditions with payment due 3 months before departure.