Enjoy stunning Slovenia on our 5-days, 4-nights cycling holiday. You will explore the best rides from around the Julian Alps, a region with many shared scenic similarities to the Dolomites. Our package is split between 3-nights in the alpine town of Bled and 1-night nestled in the mountains in Bovec. Book your August trip today.
The area boasts two classic climbs, firstly the Vrsic Pass which has steep ramps and cobbled sections, secondly the Mangart Saddle which has a summit above 2,000m. Our routes combine a mixture of rolling rides, rugged rock formations, green pastures and impressive climbs, making this a must-see cycling destination.
Real Rider Reviews
Lake Bled is Slovenia’s most notable landmark, which is quickly becoming more and more famous. Located in the foothills of the Julian Alps, our package includes 3-nights in this picture-perfect base.
Climbs over 2,000m are not limited to France, Italy & Spain. We ride the Mangart Saddle on day 3, before descending back to the finish in Bovec.
The Vrsic Pass is Slovenia’s most famous climb, it goes over 1,600m with some 12% incline steep sections and cobbled corners. Experience this unique and beautiful challenge with Sportive Breaks.
Sportive Breaks provide a mixture of climbs and rolling rides with our Slovenia cycle routes. Our package begins on arrival day with a short 50km warm-up spin, an opportunity for you to check your bike (and legs) are fully prepared. On day 2 our route rides over scenic hills on the classic 140km loop from Bled. Day 3 is our Queen Stage, where we ride over 125km with a full 3,500m elevation on Slovenia’s best climbs, the Vrsic Pass and Mangart Saddle. Our final day takes us over smooth terrain and forests on our loop back to Bled.
With over 1,611m of elevation, the Vrsic Pass is the highest pass in the Julian Alps and in Slovenia. We take on this climb on day 3 of our trip, we ride past quaint Slovenian cottages and beautiful rock formations the entire way up.
The Mangart Saddle is a mountain saddle found in the Julian Alps with over 2,072m of elevation. Reach the top and enjoy the natural beauty of both Slovenia to the south and Italy to the north. Our package combines this ride with the Vrsic Pass on day 3.
Our Slovenia cycling holiday runs from Wednesday to Sunday for the last fortnight in August. Our package includes 4-days of great rides, taking on the classic climbs of Slovenia such as the Vrsic Pass and Mangart Saddle. On the 1st day our mechanic is on hand to set-up bikes and for those who’ve booked a rental through us, they will get this fitted for you.
• Our main transfer leaves Ljubljana at 11.15am to get to Bled for 12pm.
• Our mechanic is on hand to fit rental bikes or help build your bikes.
• At 3pm we head out for a short 50km coffee spin including a short climb, overall riding for 2 hours.
• Then back to the hotel to freshen up before a group dinner at 7pm, where we run through the itinerary for the coming days.
• Breakfast is from 7am to 8.30am.
• We roll out promptly at 9.30am for a 120km ride, following one of our expert road guides, with one at the back and our support van following.
• Feed stations are set-up for every 40km with nutrition bars, fruit and water.
• We stop for lunch at a cafe and get back to the hotel for 5pm.
• The Queen Stage
• We leave at 9am today for the main ride of the weekend,
• Our route covers 128km over two spectacular climbs, the Vrsic Pass and Mangart Saddle.
• We have lunch in Bovec before hitting the 22km Mangart Saddle
• Finally, we descend back to Bovec where we spend the night.
• Today we complete our loop of the North West of the country.
• Today’s ride is mostly rolling through forest with some amazing views.
• We aim to get back to Bled for 4pm, where we spend the night and have one last dinner together.
• Our departure day.
• Enjoy a deserved lie in before a late breakfast.
• Time to stroll the natural beauty of Lake Bled or visit the tear-shaped island with the famous Church of the Assumption.
• Our transfer departs at 1pm to Ljubljana.
• We arrive at the airport for 2pm, ensure you book your flight for 4pm onwards.
Our Sportive Breaks collections are from Ljubljana (LJU), our team will greet you in arrivals before we drive the 30 minutes to Bled. If you cannot find flights to match our times, please get in touch and we should be able to collect you for no extra cost.
The Sportive Breaks team will meet you in arrivals, we will provide you with a number to call in case of any delays or issues.
The Sportive Breaks team will depart Bled for Ljubljana airport with plenty of time, so that you can enjoy a stress-free return flight. Check in your bike, grab any last-minute gifts and relax.
Ride Slovenia's best cycling routes with Sportive Breaks. Our 5-days, 4-nights package will be split with 3-nights in Lake Bled and 1-night in the heart of the Julian Alps in Bovec. Our route combines a mixture of rolling hills and classic climbs such as the Vrsic Pass and Mangart Saddle. A Sportive Breaks trip includes 4-nights accommodation, return airport transfers, all breakfast and dinners, expert ride guides and mechanical support throughout. Our trip is for between 8-14 people with two separate speed groups for each ride, book your trip to Slovenia today.
|Date||Hotel Name||Room Type||Price||Quantity||Total|
|19 - 23rd Aug 2020||Old Parish House||Single Room||£749||£749||Book Now|
|Twin / Double Room||£1349||£1349||Book Now|
|26 - 30th Aug 2020||Old Parish House||Single Room||£749||£749||Book Now|
|Twin / Double Room||£1349||£1349||Book Now|