If you are interested in cycling the most famous sportive in the world, book on to the Etape du Tour (also known as the L'Etape du tour) and ride the Queen stage. The 2020 route includes awesome climbs in, what we believe to be, one of the world's best cycling regions.
The first Etape du Tour took place in 1993, allowing amateur cyclists the opportunity to race over the same ground as the pros during the Tour de France.
The roads are closed during this sportive, and refreshment stops can be expected along the way, replicating stage two of the Tour de France in every possible way.
Each year welcomes approximately 15,000 riders to take on the challenge of riding 177km, reaching highs of 3,570m.
If you are searching for the most memorable sportive, this is it. The event sets the entire town buzzing for the whole weekend, welcoming cycle enthusiasts the world over.
Even if you have ridden the Etape du Tour before, this will be an entirely new experience, thanks to the introduction of new routes. The sportive includes conquering the Col d’Eze and the Col de Turini, surrounded by stunning scenery.
We have chosen bike-friendly hotels, so there will be plenty of opportunities to befriend individuals who share your passion. Whether you are planning a trip with friends and family or are coming alone; you won’t be lacking for good company.
When you book the Sportive through us, you will have a choice of two bike-friendly hotels (booked by us on your behalf), as well as the opportunity to rent one of our bikes.
Our team of local guides have years of experience cycling the Etape du Tour; and will be available to answer questions or provide hints and tips to ensure you get the most out the sportive.
● Thursday is the arrival day for cyclists who book onto our four-night package.
● Transfers will leave the airport at 15:15, 18:00 and 22:00.
● Our mechanics will deliver and fit bikes for those who have opted to rent from us. They will also be on hand to help build everyone else's bikes, should it be required.
● Friday is the arrival day for cyclists who book onto our three-night package.
● A warm-up 50km ride is organised for 10:00.
● An additional 50km warm-up ride is also available at 16:00.
● Entries to the sportive will be delivered to your hotel (when you book with us directly).
● There will be a final 50km warm-up ride in preparation for the sportive, leaving the hotel at 10:00. (This route includes taking in the last loop of the sportive).
● We will host a pre-race brief in the late afternoon that covers the logistics, strategies and includes general coaching.
● An early breakfast will be available, helping everyone fuel up for the ride ahead.
● We will transport participants and their bikes to the starting pens.
● The route will hold two private feed stations. You can drop off any personal items such as additional layers and nutritious snacks beforehand, ready for collection at these feed stations.
● Following the sportive, we will return to the hotel to celebrate.
● There are three transfers from the hotel to the airport: 08:45, 13:00 and 18:35.
This hotel boasts more space than you would expect from a traditional three-star hotel. Located a couple of hundred metres away from the town centre, there will be plenty to explore during your downtime. Recently renovated, the rooms are clean and modern, with a terrace that is perfect for pre and post-ride relaxation.
Based in central Nice, this four-star hotel is spacious with a restaurant within the flower garden. Your bike will be stored safely in a meeting room, and breakfast will be served early on the day of the sportive.
You are more than welcome to transport your bike to the sportive; however, if you don’t want the hassle and strain of bringing it overseas, you could rent a Giant Bike from us. We will deliver it to your hotel and take it off your hands once you have conquered the sportive. Our mechanics will be on hand on your arrival to carry out a fitting.
The Etape du Tour 2020 route begins in Nice with some early leg-softening climbs. The course spans 177km and includes three long ascents. The elevation this year is slightly lower than the 2017 and 2018 route.
Choose the Route
Ride Distance: 177
Elevation gain: 3570
We offer a range of transfers from Nice airport to the hotel. Please book your flights to arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to our transfer departure.
Below is a list of departure times and potential flight options.
• Thursday 15:15 Aer Lingus 11:00 DUB
• Thursday 15:15 Easyjet 11:25 LGW
• Thursday 15:15 BA 11:30 LHR
• Thursday 18:00 Easyjet 13:50 MAN
• Thursday 18:00 Easyjet 14:05 LGW
• Thursday 18:00 BA 14:20 LHR
• Thursday 22:00 Ryanair 17:25 DUB
• Thursday 22:00 BA 17:55 LHR
• Thursday 22:00 Ryanair 18:00 STN
• Thursday 22:00 Easyjet 18:20 LGW
You can purchase your entry with us, after which we will send through instructions regarding registration via the ASO website. The deadline to activate your entry will be in May, and we will send a reminder closer to the date.
Around two weeks before the Etape, you will receive a Convocation on ASO’s website. We will collect and deliver entry packs to those who have booked through us.
The sportive will begin between 06:30 and 07:00 and is organised to start in stages, with the last group starting at 09:00.
Your start time will be based on your race number unless you have taken part in the Etape previously. If you have taken part before, your start time will be assigned based on your previous finishing time and the expected times you specified in your registration form.
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that your start time will be the same as the rest of your group. You can specify similar times in your registration form; however, there is no assurance that you will all be in the same pen. While it is not possible to move forward when in pen, you can move backwards so that you can all ride together.
If you do not want to go through the stress of packing your bike, booking it onto your flight and hoping that the airline treats it with care, we offer a bike transport service running from Manchester and London.
Your bike will be carefully packed into our custom bike trailer and will be looked after by our expert cyclists.
As an alternative, you can rent a Giant bike from us. Our mechanics will have it built and ready for your arrival and take it off your hands afterwards to clean and break down.
We have scheduled three transfers from the hotel to the airport. Please arrange all flights to leave a minimum of two hours after our transfer arrives at Nice airport.
• Monday 08:45 Easyjet 10:45 LTN
• Monday 08:45 BA 11:20 LGW
• Monday 08:45 BA 12:00 LHR
• Monday 13:00 Easyjet 15:00 LGW
• Monday 13:00 Aer Lingus 15:25 DUB
• Monday 13:00 BA 15:25 LHR
• Monday 18:35 Jet2 20:35 MAN
• Monday 18:35 Ryanair 21:35 DUB
• Monday 18:35 BA 21:45 LHR
• Monday 18:35 Easyjet 21:55 LGW
• Monday 18:35 Easyjet 22:05 EDI
• Monday 18:35 Easyjet 22:10 LTN
• Monday 18:35 Ryanair 22:55 STN
We offer a range of travel packages, so there is sure to be something that suits your taste. All of our Etape du Tour packages include:
All Packages Include:
Single Package: 3 Star
|£699||£699||Less than 5 left|
Twin Package: 3 Star
Single Package: 4 Star
Twin Package: 4 Star