We believe that out of the many outstanding sportives; there are three that are on the bucket list of every sportive cyclist:
● Etape du Tour
● Paris Roubaix
● Maratona dles Dolomites
Italy is a glorious place to ride, and the Maratona dles Dolomites offers a spectacular route which includes looping the Stella Ronda and tackling four classic climbs.
Why not add to your experience by extending your trip? There are multiple stunning climbs in Corvara, so whether you are there for a long weekend or a week, there will be plenty to do.
The Maratona dles Dolomites is a single-day sportive that sells out within minutes. The first event took place in 1987 and has been described by National Geographic as passionate, big and chaotic.
The event welcomes 12,000 cyclists each year, who are drawn by the magnificent mountain terrain, challenging route and, no doubt, the TV interest.
The locals get just as excited about the event as the cyclists taking part, lining the roads in traditional dress, playing music and of course cheering as participants pass by.
Many will say that the Dolomites is the best region in the world for cycling. With fantastic climbs, dazzling scenery and excellent road surfaces, you will be missing out if you don’t take part.
Hailed as one of the great sportives, the event is live streamed on TV as cyclists tackle a total of seven ascents, as well as a loop of the Sella Ronda.
Based in Corvara, riders have been rushing to take part in this particular sportive for over 30 years. With tickets selling out in minutes, you can only imagine the experience awaiting those who do manage to secure a ticket to the event.
In addition to the impressive views, you will enjoy cycling on smooth, closed roads, have the opportunity to tackle seven climbs and be cheered on by residents. If the Maratona dles Dolomites sportive isn’t on your cycling bucket list, we recommend adding it!
● This will be the arrival day for individuals booked onto our five-night package.
● Sportive Breaks provides transfers from Venice airport, departing at 11:30.
● We will aim to arrive in Corvara at 14:30.
● There will be an optional warmup spin once we have all checked in to the hotel.
● A welcome dinner will be held at 19:30.
● Our relaxed warmup ride spans 89km, with an elevation of 2,800m. This will provide the opportunity to see the hardest climb on the Dolomites sportive route.
● There will be a coffee stop to savour an Italian beverage during our cycle.
● This will be the arrival day for individuals booked onto our four-night package.
● Transfers organised by Sportive Breaks will leave Venice at 11:30.
● The transfer will aim to arrive in La Villa at 14:30.
● A welcome dinner has been arranged to start at 19:30.
● We will cycle the Sella Ronda, which spans 52km and includes four climbs, reaching an elevation of 1,800m.
● This ride will include what is considered by many to be the most splendid 50km ride on the planet.
● We will return to the hotel at 2pm.
● Race packs will be collected.
● Final warm-up ride before the Maratona dles Dolomites sportive. This will be a punchy spin over Falzarego. The route spans 54km and reaches an elevation of 1,600m.
● We will return to the hotel in time for a spot of lunch.
● The afternoon is yours to enjoy. You may choose to explore the local area or use this opportunity to get your bike checked by our mechanics.
● Breakfast will be available from 04:30 to help you fuel up before the race.
● Pens will open at 05:30, ready for the race to start at 06:30.
● Sportive Breaks will have a feed stop at 75km, close to where the long and medium route splits. There will be the opportunity to enjoy some savoury food to raise energy levels before confronting the rest of the sportive.
● After the event, we will return to the hotel for an evening of celebration.
● Sportive Breaks has arranged a transfer from La Villa and Corvara to Venice airport. Departure will be at 06:30, aiming to arrive at Venice for 09:30.
Sportive Breaks offers a bike rental service for anyone who does not want the hassle of transporting their bike overseas. For the Maratona dles Dolomites, we have two bike models to choose from:
● Bottechia 8Abio Eco
● Bottechia Doppia Corsa
With three routes to choose from, most levels of cycling ability have been catered to. The options available range from 55km to 138km, with the highest elevation reaching 4,230m.
If you are struggling to decide what route to opt for, not to worry; during this sportive, you won’t have to choose until you are actually on the road and can gauge how you are feeling.
Choose the Route
Ride Distance: 138
Elevation gain: 4230
Ride Distance: 106
Elevation gain: 3130
Ride Distance: 55
Elevation gain: 1780
Sportive Breaks will provide transfers from Venice (VCE) to Corvara across two days. The journey takes approximately two hours and forty-five minutes, our transfer departure times are:
• Wednesday 12:30
• Thursday 12:30
You will need to pick up your starting number from the events hall in S. Leonardo/Badia during the following times:
• Wednesday, 01.07.2020 from 8.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
• Thursday, 02.07.2020 from 8.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
• Friday, 03.07.2020 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Saturday, 04.07.2020 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The race starts in La Villa at 06:30; however, pens are open from 05:30. The finish line is in Corvara.
We have warm up rides each day:
Thursday: Passo Fedaia Loop.
Distance: 86km, Elevation: 2920m
Going into an area you won't ride on the Maratona. The Fedaia is a classic Dolomites climb. We start taking in two climbs of the Sella Ronda, then descent into Canazei before climbing and descending the Fedaia before returning over the Campolongo.
Friday: Passo Giau Loop.
Distance: 89km, Elevation: 2950m
This route takes in the second half of the Maratona loop taking in the Campalongo, long valley descent, Passo Giau, Valparola and long descent home.
Saturday: Sella Ronda Loop.
Distance: 52km, Elevation: 1800m
One of the classic loops in world cycling and the start of the Maratona. This short loop takes in four climbs - Campalongo, Pordio, Sella & Gardena, all with some incredible scenery. The gradients are all gentle (5 to 7%) so a nice warm up ride to do some easy spinning.
Whether you choose to stay in the hotel closest to the race start in La Villa, or the end in Corvara; Sportive Breaks has a package for you. Whatever you decide, you can expect a truly memorable experience.
All Packages Include:
4 Nights Shared Twin Room for 2 people in La Villa
4 Nights Twin / Double Room for 2 people in La Villa
|£1999||£1999||Less than 5 left|